• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85/20 do they rub

willy

It looks like they are very close together on the tendem 395/85/20 tires
Is this a bit to close together what about rocks they do not get wetched in between and brake the swaybar or what it is called
Willy

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Rocks and stuff can get wedged. But on the road if the dogbones are good, they won't rub on the rear. They will rub on the J pipe and inner fenders up front if you're using stock rims.

YOUNG GUN

I have had zero issues of rubbing or rocks getting wedged on my A3, couldn't be any better IMHO.
I've even "flexed it out" (to the max) both front and rear with my Hyster and they don't rub anywhere.
Also done plenty of offroading with no issues.

Hope this helps, and good luck !

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it depends which rims you use also, if you go with stock deuce rims they will rub on the steering drag link at full right turns. I have mine on modified HEMTT rims and have not got them to rub anywhere. I think A3 rims work just as good also.

trider

I know this is an old thread but thought I would ask a question relating to this. Will the fronts rub on a M35A2 using MRAP wheels and adapters? I have 365/85R20 on steel wheels as well as 395/85R20 on aluminum MRAP wheels and trying to decide which to use on my bobber project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks