• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85/20 does not fit on spare tire holder

willy

The big tire every one likes so much does not fit on my A3 deuce it is to big for the spare tire space.
If some had told me or talked about than I could have saved severel 100 dollars
and not buying 7 tires but only 6 as it does not fit:evil:
Willy:jumpin:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
and not buying 7 tires but only 6 as it does not fit
I guess I missed your post asking.

Did you search? It's been posted .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions: HDN

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I am thinking about a modification I use a tape measure........measure twice, cut once.

Relocating the spare to the bed is easy....getting it off and on is another issue....but there are bed mounted cranes that can do the job.

You do not want to be out on the road in a truck with super singles without a spare and have a blow out......you would then need to located a rim, tire and service truck to bring them all together.

Try buying a 395 out in Rooster Poot, CA on a Sunday.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The big tire every one likes so much does not fit on my A3 deuce it is to big for the spare tire space.
Could have saved even more by sticking with the factory size tire as well. Did you install the 395s on stock A3rims? If so there is a conflict with the bead design. We've been talking about these issues for years, you weren't listening.

Welder Sam

And here's part to of the previously mentioned thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/45664-15-5-spare-deuce-pics.html

Bed works fine to hold the spare as well...

Sorry we didn't inform you that they don't bolt right up. But then again, if we did post it, no one would search on it. If we sticky it, no one will read it. And if we required people to read it, they would just skim it over.:???:
I admit, im bad about skimming.

Looking at the limited space versus the increased tire outside diameter would tell you alot also. the difference in outside diameter is also available online at Army Military Tires and is a nice research tool. information is out there. asking specific questions will also get you the desired specific information. i personally run 395's on my deuces and have a spare for each. the bed is probably the most out of the way location. now if you'd like to delve into this deeper, a vertical spare tire mount is the way i think i will go. takes up less bed space. if you would like, and i remember, i will take numerous pics and detailed measurements of mine when i make them. however, if you had used a tape measure in the first place, you would've known the 46" tire wouldnt fit in there.

best of luck friend.

paramedic7831

Sounds like this guys pointing finger at us lol. When you thought about putting a much bigger tire back under the truck didnt you think "hey I wonder if this will even fit" before you bought it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks