• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85R20 on 10 inch rims with internal bead lock

yorkgulch2

The rims were about $330 plus shipping. I think they are now more.
If you don't want bead locks or stronger pressed center a 1 piece rim might be the way to go.
You do save by being able to mount the tires with out a tire changer.

Re: 395s VS 1300s

SasquatchSanta said:
Looks Good!

I think once you get used to the look you will like the 395 Goodyears a lot better than 1300s especially if you are referring to Michilin XLs.

I took a set of 1400 XLs off my bobbed deuce several months ago and the difference between the two tires is like night and day. The Goodyears are softer, quieter, wider, lighter and give the truck a more stable feel when you're rolling down the road. Being wider, the 385s give you a lot more "hoof" on the ground

I'm attaching a couple of comparison pictures between the 395s and the 1400s. I realize you are referring to 1300s but width wise they are close to 1400s
I am interested in the air pipe and exhaust stack you have going on there, I am working on putting 14.00r20's on mine right now - I'll post up later with how I am doing it - basically morphing the 5-ton combats with the factory duece split rims...

Any more photo's of the intake especially?

Thanks

Matt

PS - teaser photo :wink:

Attachments

That too (definitely interested in that number!) - but I was actually looking at the full length muffler on SasquatchSanta's rig and the bent air cleaner horn pipe - what kind of seal does that have at the airbox - fording proof? Thanks

Matt

As i get things organized I will start a thead with what I did - stay tuned; I mounted and aired up one of the 1400's on the first completed rim tonight - steel beadlock and all 8)

DMiz

I could have gotten the XL's locally last year but waited and found Goodyears in OK.
Yorkgulch yould you mind sharing were you could have gotton these XL's locally with a fellow co duece owner would be much appretiated ive only been able to locate some in lamar witch is quite a drive just to look at them. Not sure of conditon. Thanks :beer:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You might want to PM him since he's not been online since 09-25-2011 and the fact this thread is four years old.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks