• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85r20 xzl

wehring

Anyone seen 395 XZL tires. I have several of the XL and XML in this size but today I found 8 XZLs. Never seen them before except in 14.00s and 16.00s.

Justin

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to have my pickup tires balanced last week and i took the literature on the 395's with me. I showed it to the salesman (whom i've known for ages). He said that he could get them and would even install them for me....if i wanted to pay the price..and if i wanted to wait awhile. He estimated they cost about 650/new/each/installed :cry:. I was curious...

I have seen listed on the internet, cant remember where (surplus sites), for resonable price, but strangely only 5-6 at a time, and all up north - Utah, etc..

wehring

tires

I will put this set on this weekend and drive them around.

What has me in a buzz is the best-of-both-worlds possibility. The goodyear MTR tires I am running are not as "true" as the michelin XMLs that I have. They shake the truck more than ANY of the michelins I have used. Perhaps a better quality control process? The XMLs are a very agressive off road tread and the XLs "roll" from side to side too much.

The XZL in the 395 has a flat tread (no roll), all terrain tread (will last longer on-road) and has a load range that is +2500# over the XML or goodyear PLUS it is rated for 70MPH.

It is looking like the perfect tire for the deuce (bobbed or not) that is mostly driven on the highway but is also used offroad.

Hope this helps someone in our quest to evolve bobbers into truly user friendly daily drivers

Justin

M1075

Those are going to look really cool on your deuce! I was looking into some 14R20s in the XZL pattern (see pic), but the freight made it cost prohibitive. The spec sheet I have on the 395/85R20 XZL shows max speed of 55 mph for 395s, 14.00s, and 16.00s. Max speed on 11.00R20s is 68 mph. Maybe I have some old information and they have changed it.

Attachments

M1075

Okay, that makes sense. "Due to the urgency of the MRAP..." looks like they have given special approval and derated the weight limit to increase speed rating. Weight is not going to be an issue for you anyway! I would be interested to see what it says on the sidewall though. Probably 12,300# and 55 mph.

It will be a cool setup. Don't let the DOT naysayers on here deter you. Just carry a copy of the Michelin letter just in case Mr. DOT tries to give you any crap. Tell them a bob deuce is the new model of MRAP!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks