• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85r20's

DEVILDOC

Where do the rub, so you can run 395's on stock rims just turn rims around in rear dish out . I like the fullness of the tire. How has it been since the install.2cents

turbovr6jetta

The fronts are what rub. I believe on the J pipe on the passenger side and the shock mount and maybe even the frame on the drivers side. I dont mind the look of the tires on the wheels its just the sway that bothers me.

I will start searching but has anybody used longer studs on the front and used a spacer? It wouldnt take very much I dont think. It just drives me crazy that my turn radius has increased. I daily drive my truck and this makes it a bit more difficult, I will have to figure something out

eagle4g63

On my truck I only rub on the steering arm in the drivers wheel well...... The only time I rubbed anything else was off roading......you might have to check to make sure that all is where it should be and mounted tight.

Also I would NOT use longer studs and spacers on the front.....the truck is ungodly heavy on the front and you don't want trouble on the road with a steer tire :shock:.....just start saving up for 2 of the hemmit rims and use them up front....you can always get the rears latter as money allow.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you could find a spare rim, you could cut the center circle out and install it as a dual(just the disc).

DO NOT just put bud nuts on, and then the rim, and then the nuts. I tried this and it led to 3 broken wheel studs and a cracked rim. The wheel HAS to touch the wheel mount surface, or you will destroy parts.

DEVILDOC

Was thinking anyone just put bigger tires just on the front (m35a2)and left the rear tires (11.00x20)tandem
The super singles on the back are cool looking but if you have a flat in rear you are down. With duals in the rear you can still limp home or out. I would like to run a larger and wider tire on the front any suggestion . Happy Trails!

eagle4g63

If you run a larger tire up front you can NO longer use 6X6..........you have to stay with the same diameter tire in the front as well as the back............as for military tires the ONLY ones I see that fit that combination are to use 14.5's on the front and 11.00's on the back.

Here is the tire size chart: Army Military Tires

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks