• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395's front only

Danger Ranger

I do not own a deuce. However, I thought I read that engaging the front would do damage, but unengaged the wind up wouldn't hurt anything.

I don't know anything, just what I heard, so I am guessing, and that is why I asked, Srodocker. Thanks for the reply

hklvette

Different sizes won't hurt and air-shift case, but could cause worlds of trouble for a sprag case.

Also, I put 14.50s on the front of my deuce with dual 11.00s in the rear (just like m1075's setup was) and I really like it. The A3 wheels and tires up front makes steering easier I think, and look better as well.

ryker725

I would think that front tires spinning at a slower RPM than the rear, which are all being powered from the transfer case would cause the T-case to explode. I don't know why there would be a difference between an air shift T-case or a sprag (I've never really read up on their operation). Once the gears are engaged, whether by an air actuated mechanism or a manual actuator, then everything should be turning at the same rpms or something will give..

I'm surious to understand this.. Now with lockout hubs on the front I see no problem with this..

Kohburn

lockouts and airshift accomplisht he same task in this case of disconnecting the wheels from the transmission.

they should only be locked in whenon slick surfaces anyways so the item that "gives way" is the ground.

the sprag setup actually has the front geared slower than the rears. so long as the front wheels are turning as fast as the rear wheel the sprag does not engage, when the rear start to spin the front then engages. the effect is that the front wheels turn slower under power than the rear wheels.

doing the same thing with larger front wheels and an air shift should have no harm on slick surfaces. if engaged. and should never be engaged on hard surfaces.

bones1

lockouts and airshift accomplisht he same task in this case of disconnecting the wheels from the transmission.

they should only be locked in whenon slick surfaces anyways so the item that "gives way" is the ground.

the sprag setup actually has the front geared slower than the rears. so long as the front wheels are turning as fast as the rear wheel the sprag does not engage, when the rear start to spin the front then engages. the effect is that the front wheels turn slower under power than the rear wheels.

doing the same thing with larger front wheels and an air shift should have no harm on slick surfaces. if engaged. and should never be engaged on hard surfaces.
Correct me if I am wrong. So if I have airshift I need not buy the $500.00 lockout hubs I was looking at and larger tires are ok to run on pavement with the airshift disengaged.
Thanks for all the info .

frodobaggins

Correct me if I am wrong. So if I have airshift I need not buy the $500.00 lockout hubs I was looking at and larger tires are ok to run on pavement with the airshift disengaged.
Thanks for all the info .
The lockouts will stop the chunk and front driveshaft from turning. Just saves a little fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks