• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4:88 gear sets

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just tried to go the MARS site to order 4:88 gears for the "Moose" my '53 M37. Apparently they are out of business. Does anyone know where I can get a higher ratio gear set for the Moose?

TGP (IL)

I just tried to go the MARS site to order 4:88 gears for the "Moose" my '53 M37. Apparently they are out of business. Does anyone know where I can get a higher ratio gear set for the Moose?
You must mean 4.89 Gear

Bob Stahl, 215 Everett Street Wrentham, MA 02093 (508)384-7698 Highway gearing (4.89) for your Dodge. M-37 and Power Wagon parts.

Web Page

Veteran Vehicles - 508-384-7698

Great Guy to deal with.
Tom

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob quoted me $420 per axle. He is out of stock but expecting a new batch to come in soon. He said Richmond Gear makes them for him.

AN/GRC-46

Bob quoted me $420 per axle. He is out of stock but expecting a new batch to come in soon. He said Richmond Gear makes them for him.
Hmmm....

His Web site catalog (current, but dated March 2010) lists them at $325 per set. That's a 29% increase in one year; seems like a lot. Maybe you could call him back and try for an adjustment.

MARS has been out of business for years now. The owner, Paul Caudell has been deceased for a number of years. The Co ceased operations a good while before his death.

AN/GRC-46

What do you gain in MPH over stock gears? Do they justify $1k plus? Mileage any better? Don't you lose some power on grades etc.?
Gain about 10-15% speed on the level, and you lose the same in power to the wheels. On level ground it doesn't matter a whole lot but if you hit an up grade in 4th gear, you'll need 3rd real quick. Also, you'll probably have to start out in 1st instead of 2nd a lot more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks