• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 Color Camo

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all

I'm looking for a 4 color scheme for a Duce(M35), I want to paint one as was in 1974 Germany? Have the TB from 1975, but it does not show the 4 color pattern?

Thanks for the help!

RAL

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the winter verdant scheme. I have the plain outlines somewhere, I'll dig them up if I can, and they are in a few posts here, but you'll have to search for them.

If you have the TB, then you can figure out the colour variation you want to do from these.

Cheers

Attachments

stb64

The only 4-color camo pattern in official use in Germany in 1974 was the experimental M.A.S.S.T.E.R. pattern, also (incorrectly) known as 7th Army pattern.
Some units kept using this pattern even after the new MERDC pattern (above, in M813rc's post) was introduced in 1975.
With its large sand and rust brown colored areas, the MASSTER pattern was not very effective in Europe. There was no variation in colors for different backgrounds for this pattern.
Sorry, I don't have a picture.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
STB64 is correct on the dates. Only vehicles at Ft Hood would have been wearing the MERDC camo in 1974.

Cheers