• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 door M35

SCOTTWETZEL

Just thought Id throw it out there.....Has anyone attempted to make there deuce a four door? Im talking removing the bed cutting it back enough using another cab and chopping it in place? How freakin cool would that be!!!

davesgmc

i was gonna say yeah, i made one,,,,but not out of a lil duece,,,its a 5 tonner! and its EXTRA long! ELMO= extra long military obsession!

offroaddiesel

sweet but i have to say, have not done it but would like to, may be a future project, just had to come back to take anther look. i really likr the looks of 4 doors on most trucks, hate 4 door cars but love them on trucks, thanks for posting the pic. offroaddiesel

ccequipment

I am starting a build on a M35A2 crew cab truck today for myself, I was planning on calling it Double Deuce. I may start a new thread tonight and post some pics along the way. I know everyone loves the pics especially on a project like this.

davesgmc

What's with the grill shell on ELMO? I've never seen that before.

Elmo has a 6-71 detroit engine in it. The engine is so long that it wouldnt allow the radiator to be under the hood. So it was put outside the original grill ad that goofy looking grill was added to it. Correcting that is the next project.

grounded

Banned
how much of a extension did it end up getting? or is it just from 2 cabs being matted? i cant wait to build a 4 door. got the parts just need a truck lol

Parker2

Elmo has a 6-71 detroit engine in it. The engine is so long that it wouldnt allow the radiator to be under the hood. So it was put outside the original grill ad that goofy looking grill was added to it. Correcting that is the next project.
I like the grill. It looks cool.:-D A Detroit huh. Bet it sounds great going down the road.

davesgmc

sounds great? I sounds like a pack of pissed off giant bumble bees on crack and have been up for 2 weeks all tweeked out! Its har to describe, no sound like a detroit. It has exhaust exiting the rear in front of the right rear tire, all goes through a muffler. soon it will ahve an unrestricted 5 inch stack on the right front fender. I ran the exhaust open for a short bit, also had a frined drive it down the stret and back,,,aint no sneekin up on anyone with that thing! sounds like a monster and looks like it now too. FRANKEN TRUCK!

I added about 6 feet to the cab. used a donor cab and grafted it on to the original cab, cut out part of the back of the original cab. There is lots of room in there, you can lay down in the back actually. I have yet to make a seat for the back yet, just ahve an old red van seat sitting in it, I will make a military style rear seat witht the A/C mounted under it. Also will ahve 2 12 inch subs under the sea, 6 6x9 speakers and enough amps to drive the sound system o the moon. It will all be hidden from immediate view like the quiet generator that is frame mounted in the rear. I still a seveal page long list of things to do to the truck before its done, but thats all for another day. when it is done i will sell it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks