• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 inch lift is in and HMMWV tires on

evldoer

This is a M1031 truck I got out of GL in Minnesota. Had about 30000 miles on it. I removed the maintenance box and bought a regular M1008 box from another SS member here.(thanks Truckhead!) Got a good deal on 2 pallets of 37 inch tires and wheels out of ft Polk this summer. They didn't make it home until just 2 weeks ago, so I didn't waste any time getting a set on the truck. First I tried them with no lift and just the 2 inch spacers. Well that was fine as long as I didn't turn the wheels at all. The pic without any snow on the ground is with just the wheels.
I found a 4 inch lift used, and put it on. Springs up front and 4 inch blocks in the back. Springs in the front actually raised truck 5 inches, not the advertised 4. Maybe they will settle an inch. Next I will be looking for a crossover steering setup. I have ordered a set.of longer brake lines from ORD. I will get them on soon as they show up. Its fine going down the road, tires make a lot of noise, and people look at the truck funny.
I took some pics of it next to a stock height M1008 for reference.

Attachments

truck1

Looks great. Did the same to my truck but with a shackle flip from ORD. One thing I noticed is that parts wear out faster when you run 37's . Even with a 1 ton suspension. Ask me how I know.

evldoer

Looks great. Did the same to my truck but with a shackle flip from ORD. One thing I noticed is that parts wear out faster when you run 37's . Even with a 1 ton suspension. Ask me how I know.
That's not a bad thing. That just means you drive your truck!

evldoer

Did the snow plow mount come on the green truck from surplus or did you buy it after market?
I bought the plow and mount used. Had to modify the mount to fit it on the truck, but it wasn't bad. That thing plows like a dream. Its a lot of fun in a good snow

Nice looking truck. Looks great with the lift and tires.

On an unrelated note, my great-great grandpa built and ran the Lehner's Corner tavern/general store in Leroy. I think it's Kollmans Korner supper club now.