• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4-M923s recovered from Meade

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I went to Ft.Meade with my 3 sons today to pick up the 923s.We lucked out and drove 3 of them home 75 miles without a problem.The 4th truck we loaded on a lowboy and trucked it home.There is nothing better than to convoy 3 trucks home with your sons driving them.Now comes the work toget the one truck running and paint them all.They are alot nicer to drive than the 800 series.But I do miss being able to pull start the manual transmission trucks.

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And now for a brief musical interlude to commemorate the occasion...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAPRrdgYU7o[/media]

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I had known ahead of time. My Brother lives about a mile from the lot and I'll bet he would have loved to see you pull out of there.

Nice addition, they have a bunch at Wright Patt in the GL lot.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to Ft.Meade with my 3 sons today to pick up the 923s.We lucked out and drove 3 of them home 75 miles without a problem.The 4th truck we loaded on a lowboy and trucked it home.There is nothing better than to convoy 3 trucks home with your sons driving them.Now comes the work toget the one truck running and paint them all.They are alot nicer to drive than the 800 series.But I do miss being able to pull start the manual transmission trucks.

Congrats on the quadruple WIN and the easy recovery.

The CONVOY music video contribution was a chuckle, but...
Here's what came to mind with I read the OP:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-PbwJ0VXhs[/media]

I'm sure it was great "Famly Time". [thumbzup]

:grd:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I cant get my kids to mow the yard or take out the trash without paying them.But there are hard workers and good boys.Rracing,I drove the recovery support truck with tools and fuel.I had a friend of mine bring his lowboy,The 5 ton was to long for my tag a long trailer.

Mikey90744

all I do is load stuff on flat racks to go on a ship, nothing we load goes on the road, how ever Im curious why did you load it backwards on the lowboy?? couldn't you have had a lower over all height (probably didnt matter tho) and have everything plowing through the air in the direction that it was intended in you would have loaded it facing forward??

and I'm just curious, by no means trying to talk trash or anything

Michael

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I only way it would fit was to set the truck front axle on the deck space between the trailer tandems,you can see what I am talking about if you look close at the picture...

Mikey90744

like I said by no means talking **** but now Im just curious. you couldnt put the rear duals up and the front duals on the lower deck? Im curious now more then anything. Or doing like Im saying would have put the duals on the edge of that deck instead of solidly on it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks