• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4" Ram Air Scoop for deuce

I was looking back through sewerzuk's build and came aross a picture that DeucesWild11 posted on a 4" ram air scoop. I did not have any luck tracking down a buyer but a buddy did for me and I thought I would pass this inforamtion on. The product is from Donaldson Filteration Solutions. http://www.donaldson.com/en/engine/support/datalibrary/055480.pdf Another google search will get you in the proper direction. If you look on FleaBay, I found them in AU.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to do write ups and sending in pics.
#300 http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?55511-All-the-stuff-I-did-to-my-deuce-right-here/page2

View attachment 055480.pdfIMG_2404 (2).jpg

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sellers on eBay will NOT ship to the USA...I've been searching & found several online vendors in Australia who may ship them to the USA. If so, I will report back here with a good link.

On my last trip with my Deuce, I turned up the fuel to where I could comfortably hold 55mph in a headwind & up small inclines, without excessive smoke nor EGTs. BUT, I did notice that with my mushroom intake cap, I was drawing a significant restriction on the air intake. I am looking to eliminate this restriction with the 4-inch air ram intake. I knew of this restriction when installing the mushroom intake cap, but I didn't think that it would be an issue as I had no plans on turning up the fuel on my truck...that was before my first headwind & slight hill out of town, that changed everything.

I followed the link from the Donaldson website on vendors in the US. I typed in my address and the site listed several vendors near the house that I could order from. One of the vendors was a Peterbilt dealership, they quoted me $174.66 with a 3 day shipping. I liked the $80 US range I saw on FleaBay from AU :) like you said, Silverstate55, they don't ship to the US.

Silverstate55, thanks for responding and looking forward to see what you come up with.

https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/locator/locator.html

northfield.jpg

I bought mine from the land down under before they stopped shipping to the U.S. for some reason. My m35a2 has a LDS 465 and the stock air intake just would not supply enough air. My son fabbed up a snorkel we installed the donaldson ram air intake and a new filter. WOW what difference, the fuel air mixture is so important, so many people turn up the fuel without thinking of adding air.

Last edited:
Fredo, did you go with a stock new filter or an aftermarket? I'm about to start my homework on picking a replacement air filter.

I've turned up my fuel, installed my boost and EGT gauges via my column pod (thank you Peashooter). Ready to take her for a spin...

I came across Filtermaxx online, looks like the Donaldson H001654 Air Ram is $135.69 plus $12.00 shipping.

Last edited:

Cannoncocker

I wish I knew someone who lived in AU. If they won't ship them to the US find someone that will! Crocodile Dundee hasn't been returning my calls? It was just a thought. If you end up with an extra one I would be interested. Thanks, John......

Ford Mechanic

Hey do you think we can get some measurements and a little more up close pics of just the air scoop? I might try to fab one up out of steel, before I would shell out $150.

DeucesWild11

quickfarms

That one on a snorkel would let the rain water in. The Donaldson has slits around the mounting bracket that let's water out and not down the spout. I'll see if I can find some specs on it.
I would not worry about rain coming in when driving, my commercial trucks just have a screened intake in the grill, but in storage that could be an issue.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I have a confirmation on In-Stock & shipping to USA. Western Filters of Australia has the Donaldson Air Ram intakes in stock and will ship them to the USA in the $50-$60 range. John from Western Filters was kind enough to reply to my inquiries and said you can order the 4-inch air ram intake straight from his company's online store:

http://www.westernfilters.net.au/product_info.php?cPath=75&products_id=172 (4-inch intake, AU$71.50).

He also has other sizes from 3-inches to 7-inches, as well as Stainless Steel air ram intakes. I'll be ordering mine in a couple of weeks, unless someone wants to trade me a 4-inch Donaldson for a like-new 7-inch Donaldson Air Ram intake I've had sitting around for a couple of years.

HTH.

Cannoncocker

For what it's worth I just tried to place an order with Western Filter AU for one 4" Donaldson P/N H008154. They have only one method of shipping (AU Air Mail) and the shipping to California came to $86.40 Total.... $157.90 Ouch!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like if its a ram air it will ram water equally while cruising at break neck speed. Should there be some type of fluid drain somewhere with a check like motorcycle and ATV airboxes have?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks