• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 trucks, 1 trailer, 2 drivers

M1075

We stopped by Tinker AFB this morning to collect a few things. When you are short on manpower, you have to be resourceful. With 2 drivers, we were able to get 3 M818s, the M1009 and the M101A2 home without a hitch. I have 2 more M818s left to get on another trip. Special thanks to Tackettr for helping me pick this stuff up. :driver:

Attachments

M1075

hippiedude said:
Wow !!!! Nice catch !!! :drool: :drool: ...... How did the 1009 tow with the trailer ?? Those trucks look real good ...... Tim
Everything towed really well. I was concerned about having problems cornering, especially with the 5 ton, so we spent 5 minutes driving circles and figure 8's around the lot. Once we had the steering joints warmed up and were satisfied that corners would be fine, we headed home. No problems whatsoever. :lol:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very nice soon you will be picking things up with the PLS Kenworth drool... I have my Double Triple CDL just for such occasions. Great find and be sure to post some fleet pictures so we can reaaly droool.

Tackettr

Wow !!!! Nice catch !!! ...... How did the 1009 tow with the trailer ?? Those trucks look real good ...... Tim

M1075 is being nice and not pointing out my SNAFU. 1009 & trailer pulled great once I took it out of park! :shock: :shock: I took off in the parking lot making sure everything was okay and was so focus on the tractor I didn't notice I was leaving a set of skid marks from dragging the 1009!!! :oops: :oops: I did notice something was dragging but was thinking it was the E-brake or service brakes locking. So after that, life was good and it was like nothing was back there. :D :D

M1075

Tackettr said:
M1075 is being nice and not pointing out my SNAFU. 1009 & trailer pulled great once I took it out of park! :shock: :shock: I took off in the parking lot making sure everything was okay and was so focus on the tractor I didn't notice I was leaving a set of skid marks from dragging the 1009!!! :oops: :oops: I did notice something was dragging but was thinking it was the E-brake or service brakes locking. So after that, life was good and it was like nothing was back there. :D :D
rofl

I was trailing behind and when I saw the skid marks I was thinking the trailer parking brakes were on. Once I realized it was my precious M1009, I couldn't catch up to Tackett fast enough! :lol: No worries though. It was only a hundred yards or so and there is still tread left on the tires!!!!! I knew we a had a good reason for test drives around the lot. :)

:driver:

Tackett is also being kind enough to stage these vehicles at his place until I can convoy them up to the ranch in a few weeks. Any Oklahoma convoy drivers out there?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am only 7 miles from the Tinker lot. If you need to store the other M818s we have 40 acres at the shop. Barrman just picked up 4 -M35s, 3-M105s and a M101

I might be up for the convoy. Send me more information.

Warthog

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks