• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 ways not working on A3

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm... My 4 ways quit working. Went for a short drive into town, before backing into my pole barn turned 4 ways on, the light on the switch wasn't blinking. The lights were on solid. Turn signals all work properly. Time to take switch apart?

Any suggestions as to why the 4 ways don't work while every other light works perfectly?

rlwm211

Sounds like a switch problem. There was a post not long ago about some funky operation of a deuce turn signal switch and lights and it turned out to be the switch.

I would at least take a look inside. Carefully of course.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently other lights don't work normally, brake lights are on all the time. Okay took the switch apart looks normal, Tri switch gone bad?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG call me an idiot. thanks to the help of this thread http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/34047-help-brake-lights-always.html
I just realized there's two airpacks on an A3. No wonder when I bled the passenger side air pack there was no improvement on my brake pedal traveling to about 3" from the floor before being firm. I pulled one of the wires from the switch, the lights went out, so bad switch apparently. I'm also going to bleed this airpack and see if my pedal travel isn't fixed too....

Thanks guys, I think we have a handle on the situation now. When switch disconnected the brake lights went out, the 4ways work normally.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks a bunch, that was the problem, Air brake switch. There was some fluid in the switch. I emptied it out, sprayed some PB blaster in there, emptied it out, put some tool oil in there, emptied it out. Put the switch back in, everything is golden. I ordered a new switch but it's good in the meantime. Brake lights work as they should, 4 ways work properly. Also bled that airpack, got a little more pedal.

steelandcanvas

Thanks a bunch, that was the problem, Air brake switch. There was some fluid in the switch. I emptied it out, sprayed some PB blaster in there, emptied it out, put some tool oil in there, emptied it out. Put the switch back in, everything is golden. I ordered a new switch but it's good in the meantime. Brake lights work as they should, 4 ways work properly. Also bled that airpack, got a little more pedal.
Nice troubleshooting, life is good.