• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

40.00 deep water snorkel kit

Lindsaym151

Hey guys,
I got up this morning and asked myself ,What can I do that will make my Deuce look cooler!
Granted most of us are on budgets I decided to try a Deep water snorkil.I started out by getting all my rough measurements and off to the ACE hardware.
I bought: 2 , 4"rubber connectors
1 90 degree sewer street fitting(has a smooth end a female end)
2 feet of 4"pvc tubing
1 22 degree sewer fitting
2 4" hose clamps
you will also need a piece of either steel or aluminum 1" flat stock 1/4 " thick

My total cost in Florida was 41.65

Build time
Remove intake cap
Install 1 rubber flex fitting

install 90 degree 4 ' pipe with bend to rear

cut your 1st piece of 4"pipe(dry fit into 90
inatall 22 degree fitting (again dry fit)
install aprox 10 " x 4" pipe (go as high as you want)
install rubber flex fitting
In stall rain cap

When your happy with it being vertical and straight mark all your fitting
(I find it easy to do two marks on each fitting) prime and glue let set for 5-10 mins.
Paint
Install
I used the flat stock and made a 1 inch x 2 inch x 1inch spacer and clamped it between the exhaust pipe and new air in take attach with 2 remaining 4 " hose clamps
I will take some close ups tomorrow All told 2 hrs with trip to ACE9They can cut Pvc to desired lenths their HOPE THIS HELPS:popcorn:

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me be the first to say, I like it. It looks good and it fits in with my way of thinking, inexpensive.[thumbzup]

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a 22* or 45* fitting? I know you said 22* in the text, but I just wanted to be sure.
The first 90 is pointed up at a 22.5 degree angle, the 22.5 degree elbow gets it to 45 degrees.

But I'm just guessing.

Last edited:

rbeasley66

Nice looking truck :beer: Thanks for sharing a great idea also!

Just a thought on being ready for deep water, did you plug the open pipe that sticks out from the air filter housing and points towards the engine?
It's amazing where water can find its way into unwanted areas, from the voice of experience aua

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best thing is, if you ever need to ford a cesspool(say, during a flood), you know you can pass a 3.5" diameter turd through your intake without clogging it !:shock:

Better add a plunger to your BII.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks