• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

400a to 200a conversion

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can’t wait to do this! I have set money aside 3 times and everything around is braking. I’m glad it worked out for you.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was over thinking it. I measured everything with the 400a still mounted in the truck and the 200a not installed. They do not align perfectly and I was worried about the rear bracket not sitting flush and side loading the alternator tab. I talked to Steve at RWH and he assured me it all works out and to just install it with everything loose and then snug it all down. I did and the 200a is now installed and making power in the truck. I forgot just how much more space there is with the 200a vs 400a under the hood.

Extra benefit #1: The 200a has the over running pulley so the truck doesn't "chirp" every time I shut it off now.

Extra benefit #2: With the larger pulley on the 200a, my tach now reads correctly.

Thanks for everyone's help/suggestions (especially Steve at RWH). I apologize if I made a bigger deal out this than it actually was. You guys are great.
Never a problem, we just had to make sure you had everything, so based on that conversation on the phone I was confident you Just needed to install it all as I’ve done numerous times, it would all fall right into place.
And yes….your post install observations are spot on and of course one of the many reasons to go the 200 route.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May I add, there is a pulley kit that uses a fixed pulley on the 200amp that allows you to use the 400 serp belt, or if you are able to remove your old fixed 400 pulley you can reuse that….but you will lose the lower rpm indication previously talked about because it’s a smaller pulley.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May I add, there is a pulley kit that uses a fixed pulley on the 200amp that allows you to use the 400 serp belt, or if you are able to remove your old fixed 400 pulley you can reuse that….but you will lose the lower rpm indication previously talked about because it’s a smaller pulley.
So you are saying if you reuse your 400amp pulley that your tach will be off?

Coonass77

So you are saying if you reuse your 400amp pulley that your tach will be off?
More info in this thread:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks