• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

406/416/419 transmission all the same?

I.Got.The.Flu

I purchased some transmissions new/rebuilt in the crate from a guy who told me that they were for 419's. I have a person interested who has a 406. EI sells the transmission i have for 406/416/419 but the guy I bought them from only mentioned 419 and a person who I consider more knowledgeable than myself told me that I should be careful selling them for the 406/416 because the gearing could be different? Anyone have any insight? And hey if anyone needs a transmission let me know lol.

Last edited:

Speedwoble

I purchased some transmissions new/rebuilt in the crate from a guy who told me that they were for 419's. I have a person interested who has a 406. EI sells the transmission i have for 406/416/419 but the guy I bought them from only mentioned 419 and a person who I consider more knowledgeable than myself told me that I should be careful selling them for the 406/416 because the gearing could be different? Anyone have any insight? And hey if anyone needs a transmission let me know lol.
As I understand it, but I am not an expert, the transmission will fit in a 406/416. The problem is the 419 uses air to shift it and engage 4wd while the old 8& 20 speeds do not. Hence getting the shifters and air system can make a cheap 419 transmission an expensive proposition in a 406/416. If your transmissions have the shifter levers, then you might have a lot of demand.