• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

45,000# winch ID

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up today a 45,000lb. Tulsa winch today for a civilain truck project I have going. Does anyone know what it came off of?

Part of the level wind is missing also and I'd like to find some parts. Who has parts for this thing?

Any idea of a TM that would show the parts diagram?

Thanks in advance for any info I can get about this thing.

Attachments

poppop

Looks just like the drag winch on the rear of my 543. I have an extra one also but the level wind parts are missing. I might be able to help with some other parts.

AMGeneral

Yep,definetly a winch off of a M62,543 or 816,it could only be a LH winch off a M123E2 or M123D (they are chain drive as well)because of the drive being on the LH side.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was looking a the winch a little more today. There doesn't appear to be a lever to uncouple the drum so you can free spool it off by hand. Do you have to power these winches out to pay out cable? Guess I need to take a look at m816 TM.

Tried to tunn the winch input by hand but couldn't so I got the pipewrench. It turns but seems pretty tight. does it have a internal brake of some sort that could be dragging?

Looks like I'm not going to use the level wind anyway. Where I'm mounting it the cable is going to come out too low with the level wind installed. The truck already has a wet kit and I've got a fairly good sized hyd. motor so I'm going to try and power it with hyd.

poppop, I'm going to open it up and take a look inside to see if everything is ok. If I need some parts I'll see if you could help me out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks