• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

465, more rpm?

nevrenufhp

Has the rpm been touched on before? I was looking at Tpub from reading the "upping the fuel" thread, and it looks like you can use a stiffer inner spring(NSN or Fed stock number: 2910-836-7316) from an "A" style pump on the other pumps to make your own "Governer Spring Kit". They all share the same dimensions, but the "A" uses a stiffer spring(36 lbs vs. 31 lbs). Not sure on the rev limits of these 465s, I'm more of a DT466 guy. If they already go to 2800, then just a few hundred more would be nice. On most diesels the valves start to float at 3200.
Just a thought here.

poppop

From what I have read over reving is the biggest killer of these engines. Warnings are posted on the dash to be careful going downhill not to over rev. There was a discussion about these engines being unreliable in Vietnam and the consensus was they were run hard and over reved regularly. Some trucks were set higher so they could fun faster in bad situations. Then again a tractor puller posted several months ago about having one of these engines in a pulling tractor turning 4000 RPM's with no problems, but then how many actual hours does it spend at that speed.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you need to use different search terms. From the posts I've read and what the TM's say 2800 is pushing past the limit, except, maybe, just briefly, or for a couple of minutes. If you want a steady pull over 2800 rpm's then get another engine - a different engine, and leave the multi-fuel down in it's proper designed range. JMHO.2cents

nevrenufhp

That's about what I was figuring, just throwing ideas out. Not that I have a Deuce, but I used to be a 63B back in the 90s. Wish I knew of the fuel screw back then!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some LDS motors are rated to 2800 rpm... can't remember which motor it was. There is a chart of all the multifuels, and ratings.

Dennis

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to messing with the RPM the rods won't like it and start putting windows in the block so they can escape.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe there would be no harm no foul to turn up to 2850 on a pull for a short time on these motors. I't been said it's not the trucks falt it's your foot.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Well the LDS-465-1A according to the manual is rated for a no-load maximum RPM of 2900rpm. So maybe the engine will handle it. I would bet that an increase in wear due to extra viberation and potential over speeding would be your two biggest issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks