• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

46in tire preference

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For what it's worth, we've established a better rate on shipping due to our volume. For example I see the OP is in Maryland. So an estimate on a pallet of 4 46's to a business address in Baltimore would run $87. Adding more tires won't run up the price too bad either.

rwbrown72

I have the 15.5's in the xl... They are loud, but ride pretty good. I keep them aired down to 40 psi. I'm thinking about trying the Goodyears on my A3. :beer:

LV2XLR8

For what it's worth, we've established a better rate on shipping due to our volume. For example I see the OP is in Maryland. So an estimate on a pallet of 4 46's to a business address in Baltimore would run $87. Adding more tires won't run up the price too bad either.

Please don't take what I said as knocking you at all. I'm still quite new to the world of the deuce and had not been fortunate enough to have come across your business until now. I've got you in my fav's now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please don't take what I said as knocking you at all. I'm still quite new to the world of the deuce and had not been fortunate enough to have come across your business until now. I've got you in my fav's now.
No worries, I just wanted to toss it out there. When we first got started, we didn't have as good of terms with our freight company now. Just wanted to give folks a price comparison. [thumbzup]

LV2XLR8

No worries, I just wanted to toss it out there. When we first got started, we didn't have as good of terms with our freight company now. Just wanted to give folks a price comparison. [thumbzup]

Your shipping costs are very reasonable. When I was looking I had quotes as high as $700 to ship 4 tires to Washington state plus the cost of the tires!

houdel

do I need to super single with MVT or XML tires
What size are you talking about? Someone with some knowledge chime in here, I'm thinking these tires are too wide to run as duals, they are likely to rub on each other.

Last edited:

Hooty481

I just ordered 4 of the mvt yesterday. I would have ordered 6 but i have 2 XML's laying here so i am going to run them too. they are going on my m818. I know that I will run 2 of the mvt's on the front but i am not sure wether to run the xmls on the middle or back axel. either way they will be on the truck. might not make any difference.

LV2XLR8

What size are you talking about? Someone with some knowledge chime in here, I'm thinking these tires are too wide to run as duals, they are likely to rub on each other.

To my understanding the 1100 x 20's are as large as you can go for duals. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong people.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes 395's can only be ran singled out. (Well you could run duals if you flipped hubs, made spacers, and wanted four tires to stick outside of the bed, and likely lead to damage)