• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4a032 Oil Pump

6x6TRex

Why you should always have a oil pressure gauge on your 4a032!

Installed an oil pressure gauge into the slave plug bracket after reading about oil problems with the 4a032. Never got any pressure to show on the gauge. Removed the governor oil line, no oil, removed oil filter, still no oil! wtf!?! :confused:

Pulled the cover off the oil pump and this is what I found! aua Engine ran fine with no odd noises for 10-15 min like this! Still need to pull 3 more heads and the cam, but no scoring anywhere yet!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe a backfire?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to go back to the FL Rally grounds and get mine so I can bring it home and service it (add gauge). Been great for the last decade, hate the thought of losing it.

6x6TRex

What do you think shered the gear, maybe oil to thick?
To my knowledge it only had 10w30 and 15w40 (current oil) in it.
Maybe a backfire?
Engine ran great and never backfired when I ran it.

Going to remove the heads and cam tonight. Hoping for no more damage!

List of parts to buy:
Cam
Oil Pump
Air filter
Air Hoses
Starter solenoid
Fuel pump w/prime lever

Saturn here I come!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the pump gear teeth damaged? Maybe it was misaligned and stress cause it's failure?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgive this slight hijack, has anyone seen any dealers offering mufflers for the 4A032 engines?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe Delks?

coyote62ny

for the mufflers i would try colmans surplus1-888-478-7758 and ask for john he is there generator guy they would most likly be used parts but in good condition. colmans would most likly have the oil pump parts as well. that shaft twisting off looks like mabe somthing got into the oil pump. i dought that to thick of oil would cause that i run 15-40 oil in my 4ao32 winter and summer carries 40 psi oil pressure when hot. hope this helps.

Ratch

I remember one of my 4a032's having a low oil psi shutoff switch. I forget what it was on, compressor or genset.
Meps should have the electric oil psi gauge already. That's no help if you use the engine for something else, but on the genset, the electric unit should work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks