• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4Bt Swap Question

ODdave

taller engine and the crossmember they send you (avalanche eng.) needs the clearance from the front diff. Allthough CroatinKid (sp) knows where to find a low profile kit. Tennissee Diesel Conversions iirc

67_C-30

DXTAC, I would find with somebody that has swapped in a 4BT and ride in/drive it before you get serious about. Those 4BT's are loud, vibrating little engines. They don't make great power in stock form, and need the pump turned up and injectors to make really good power. Some people love them, but I'm not fan. A friend of mine put one in a Jeep and regretted it ever since. I love the 6BT's, but wouldn't swap a 6.2 for a 4BT. I'd build the 6.2, add a turbo and you'll get comparable power and will be much more pleasant to drive. You could do it cheaper and much easier as well. JMO.