• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4l80 transmission cooling lines and fittings

erasedhammer

So if I have a post '97 4l80, can the old cooling lines be modified to (at least) reach the new plug locations?
Both the 3l80 and 4l80 fittings look similar, but are they the same?
If not, are there adapters that exist?

And the 4l80e that I have does not appear to be quick connect, the plugs are threaded and so are the fittings

Last edited:

TedG

3sp and early 4spd lines and flare fittings are similar but 4spd lines are longer. The adapter for the 4 spd has a longer internal tube fixed on the adapter for one fitting. And is a must to use. Late 4spd are different, quick connect, non flare. You can bend the pipes and or add hose but why, they are not too pricey. When replacing big ticket items, consider replacing all flex lines and hard lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks