• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4l80e

Yellowfins

Hello, I’ve been trying to diagnose my tranny with no luck. I’ve got the schematics and other manuals. When I turn my ignition on I have no transmission light at all. I’ve done the jumper wire with no luck either. I do have power at the hot port on the Tcm. Any ideas would be appreciated.
6.5 non turbo
680 miles
Transmission fluid is new
Thanks,
Cory

AAVP7

Hello, I’ve been trying to diagnose my tranny with no luck. I’ve got the schematics and other manuals. When I turn my ignition on I have no transmission light at all. I’ve done the jumper wire with no luck either. I do have power at the hot port on the Tcm.
The 4L80 gets power in two ways: There is one permanent 12 volt feed (pin z on Plug J1 at the TCM), and a switched 12 v feed (pin j). This switched feed is only activated by a relay once you switch on vehicle 24 v power at the run-start-switch.

Which pin is the one you call "hot" ?

A pretty common problem with the 4L80 is a sticking 24V/12V relais. If this relay doesn´t close, you won´t get the trans check light. The relay sits behind a sheet metal cover in the RH rear footwell. You can check if the relay is the culprit by removing the plugs 290B/291A and 290C/291C, and connecting both directly. This simulates a closed relay when you switch on run power. If you get a tranny light then, the relay is faulty.