• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th power outage this year

csheath

Power went out again. Going to get our money's worth out of this generator. Sounded like a transformer blew up the road.

Guyfang

Staff member
If I was you, I might start selling gen sets to the folks that live near you. Don't get into all the rig-a-ma-roll of installing it, just advising folks what and to who to go to to get it hooked up. Unless you just love doing that sort of thing! Keep it as a side job. Might be able to make a few bucks.

csheath

I check the auction site every now and again but all the decent ones near me seem to go for crazy prices. I watched one on craigslist not sell for months for what I thought was a reasonable price. It had a little over 5,000 hours on it but the guy was down to $1800 for a running unit with fresh oil, filters, and batteries. It was cleaner looking than mine. He had never load tested it beyond running something on the convenience outlet though. I was going to buy it myself before I snagged the one I have.

Bmxenbrett

**** we almost never loose power but when we do... im going to do a 24hr test here in a few days so i know my fuel consumption. Im not going to even tell my lady.

I think that price is a bit high for 802 if thats what it was. I have been sitting on two 300hr units for 2 months that im asking $2600. Load tested, bat and fluids.

csheath

That was an 803.

I've seen several low hour units sell for much higher. A unit in VA recently auctioned for $3600. That's well over 4 grand after taxes and fees for a drained unit they don't even know if it will run. That is plain crazy if you ask me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks