• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 dead 3 live!

BobM

Yep, just changing the GPs and 5 were dead and only 3 live! I THOUGHT it was starting like it had a COUPLA dead ones! Of course I decided to change one of the cobbled up battery cables that I found while I'm at it, so it's not finished yet. But it HAS to start better!:-D

BobM

Well this kid comes to the door and says,"Can I use your phone?"
Well I hurried up and put the new cable on and went to play! The new GPs made 'er start right up and I proved the 4WD works![thumbzup]

BobM

Yeppers, glowplugs. With only 3 working, it had to crank a bit to start! But it did start. But now it kicks right off.
And as usual, when working on a 25 yr old truck, I found that the battery cables were just too bad to reinstall as they were. (I had to remove the rear battery and climb inside the hood to get to the right bank plugs.)
So, I went to town and bought a new cable to replace the cable that runs from the rear - post to the power strip. All I could do for the cable that connects the two batteries together was replace the battery bolt and straighten the clamp a little. I'm gonna have to find one of these cables somewhere. Any help out there?:?:
That's where this kid showed up and said he wrecked his truck. I had to get everything back together so that I could play.:-D

Chevytruck

Yeppers, glowplugs. With only 3 working, it had to crank a bit to start! But it did start. But now it kicks right off.
And as usual, when working on a 25 yr old truck, I found that the battery cables were just too bad to reinstall as they were. (I had to remove the rear battery and climb inside the hood to get to the right bank plugs.)
So, I went to town and bought a new cable to replace the cable that runs from the rear - post to the power strip. All I could do for the cable that connects the two batteries together was replace the battery bolt and straighten the clamp a little. I'm gonna have to find one of these cables somewhere. Any help out there?:?:
That's where this kid showed up and said he wrecked his truck. I had to get everything back together so that I could play.:-D

got any pics of that wrecked truck that appeared out of nowhere? :grin:

BobM

How does your M1008 handle?

I'm thinking on getting a m1000 series truck within the next few years
My truck handles and drives like a SLOOOOW 80s pickup. Those 4.56 gears are slow! Especially in 4Low. But with only 43XXX miles on it, the steering and the like is still tight. I still want an OD tranny, but will probably wait until after winter now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks