• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 gallon fuel can mounting

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone carry a 5 gallon Jerry can? Where did you mount it?

Pictures always helpful!
On what kind of truck? M107x or M108x? I have one mounted on my M1088 on the drivers side and a small tool box too. Since the ladder on my particular truck is on the right and I have to climb up to the center of the truck - the mounting doesn't get in the way.

Somewhat crummy picture in the dark is below...

Toolbos and Fuel Can.jpg

Third From Texas

^What he said

There are actually pre-drilled holes for a jerry can mount next to the stack behind the driver-side of the cab. It's actually for a decontamination can (which has the same mount/dimensions of a fuel jerry can). I've never really looked to see if it's structurally sound for the weight of a fully fueled can (best I can tell, the decon can is about half full of liquid and the rest is brushes and scrubbers).

I intend to make it viable if it isn't (add whatever support if needed). It's a good place to hide a can of water or fuel I guess, (opposed to being stranded after finding an empty tank one morning). Because, crime and stuff...

s-military-jerry-decontamination-kit_1_2ad24df2f63b9eaba5fe71a89cc286e5.jpg

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A standard jerry can holder bolts perfectly on top of the air hyd pump.
Yep best place. Water on mud flap not fuel in case of accident no fuel spill. I do not know about everywhere but Fl. if you caused the accident you pay for the clean up and just guessing fuel spill clean up is $$$. Not my fault so I did not have to pay and no fuel spill still clean up to the other guy $1000.00.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yep best place. Water on mud flap not fuel in case of accident no fuel spill. I do not know about everywhere but Fl. if you caused the accident you pay for the clean up and just guessing fuel spill clean up is $$$. Not my fault so I did not have to pay and no fuel spill still clean up to the other guy $1000.00.
Ouch! Dang that crashed truck looks pretty bad.
Like it might have hurt too!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ouch! Dang that crashed truck looks pretty bad.
Like it might have hurt too!
Broken left femur, left hand nerve damage and right eye loss of some sight. Yea no fun there just glad it was a company truck that hit me and had 300k insurance. Bad was it was my new truck with little mileage good was I had gap insurance and truck got paid off by the insurance.

INFChief

Broken left femur, left hand nerve damage and right eye loss of some sight. Yea no fun there just glad it was a company truck that hit me and had 300k insurance. Bad was it was my new truck with little mileage good was I had gap insurance and truck got paid off by the insurance.
Glad you escaped without more serious injuries.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks