• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Micron Stealth Spin on Oil Filters Upgrade

alphadeltaromeo

I'd say since they don't hold the oil...the process should be really easy...turn off truck, let sit for a few and spin 'em off. However, that's just my HO...I could very well be wrong lol

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed that after testing the preluber initially, without starting the engine, the old canister-type oil filters seemed to be full to where they made a real mess when I pulled them. This tells me the preluber is at least partially filling the filters. I won't know therefore how long to wait to change the new filters or if alot of oil will remain in them until I actually have to do it.

I suspect ADR is correct that it will be a 5-minute wait to empty them by natural drainage with hot oil, once the post-lube cycle has finsihed. Who has done this with these filters? Several people have bought them so far?

[][]

An unrelated note; Others and myself have posted URLs to some 'huge but short" videos from time to time, like just recently the one I did showing the pre-lube "time to pressure" (http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/mil/m35/prelube1/preluber.mov) and engine start.

I have little control over the size since the camera makes them. Do y'all find these useful, or is 30 megabytes download to watch an oil pressure guage move too large to bother with? I wish I could make them smaller, my only option is going from 640x480 to 320x240 and I hate to give up the quality that comes with picture size, OTOH 320x240 is roughly VHS-quality. I have no options for compression unfortunately.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
My filter setup should just act just like the original filter setup. It just adapts the truck to used 5 micron truck filters, and if I don't say so look pretty good in the process :D I need to paint a set green to see how they blend in. Anyways just like the old ones I would suggest running things to warm things up. Then draining what is in the oil pan, but leave the pan draining down there for several hours as the cans drain past the oil pump. The other option is to drain the cans from the drain plug to the rear of the filters as the TM suggests. I replaced the plug with a valve to make things easy on myself. A giant size filter wrench is a must. I am using a strap wrench so far with good luck.

DanMartin

OPCOM said:
I have little control over the size since the camera makes them. Do y'all find these useful, or is 30 megabytes download to watch an oil pressure guage move too large to bother with? I wish I could make them smaller, my only option is going from 640x480 to 320x240 and I hate to give up the quality that comes with picture size, OTOH 320x240 is roughly VHS-quality. I have no options for compression unfortunately.
I'm re-encoding your video now to make it shorter (mpg)...I think 640x480 will be nice...where can I upload it to? Can I post it to SS?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dan Martin: I hereby release that particular video into the public domain. Thanks for asking first.