• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 new tires - how big?

PBR Streetgang

My new truck needs new shoes. This might seem like an unusual question, but how much trunk/truck space do I need to move 5 new 16.5" tires mounted on rims?

86HUMV on G503 will sell me 5 new 12 bolt rims with tires, but doesn't ship. I'll be in Las Vegas later this month on business, and am considering driving to LA to pick them up. Drive back to my buddy's shop in LV, steel strap them to a pallet, and truck freight back to me in Seattle. Viable?

If I do this, I'll rent a vehicle in Vegas. How big of a vehicle? Clearly, a Prius is not going to fit 5 tires, weighing 160 pounds each... I'm not opposed to putting one on the front seat, two in the back seat, and two in the trunk, I'm just not sure they'll fit the way I'm envisioning.

PBR