• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton 813 Repaint

Dirt71

Started working on this 5 ton over a year ago for a good friend of mine. It's been sitting on jack stands since November of last year. So this 3 day weekend I got busy. Sometime this week I will set the engine back in.

Attachments

ida34

I just wish I had that sandblaster. How much media did it take? It looks like quite a bit on the ground.

rneely

Fantastic job, what kind of primer and paint did you use? How are you going to do the rest of the truck? Keep posting pictures as you go.

Coldfusion21

I just wish I had that sandblaster. How much media did it take? It looks like quite a bit on the ground.

Have you seen his sandblasting unit? In the ten ton thread its in the background of some of the pics, looks absolutely massive.

I just noticed it in a few of these pics to. And the remote supplied breathing air. very neat.

Last edited:

USMC6062

I'll answer some questions for him. He said it took him about 5 hours to blast what you see in the pics. Almost 4,000 pounds of sand, and they used Gillespie primer and paint. If I got any of this wrong, I'm sure Dave will correct me.

ida34

So I figure a yard of sand is approx .75 yards. Next question is how much does a yard of sand go for?

Chuck

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I commend your efforts Sir!!!

That's going to be one outstanding off-frame resto. Wish I had the time, patience, money and er (youth) to do that to one or two of our trucks.

Thank you for the pics and please continue to post them as progress is made.:-D