• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton air-pack on Deuce?

jesusgatos

When I was at Brad's place up in WA, I told him that I wanted to get some gladhands and brackets off a 5-ton to put on the front of Mah Deuce (so that it would be set up to tow behind another vehicle). Brad did me one better an sent me home with a 5-ton air-pack. He told me that it's got a dedicated port on it for just that purpose, and he guessed that it should be easy enough to adapt to a deuce. I've read on here about how you can plumb into the stock air-pack on a deuce to accomplish that, but what do you guys think about using a 5-ton air-pack instead? My goal is to plumb a permanent system, like the 5-tons. If I can do that with a 2.5-ton air-pack, then I guess there's no reason to mess with the 5-ton stuff (hmmm, any difference in braking performance?). I haven't really compared the parts side-by-side yet, so I don't know much except that the 5-ton air-pack is a bit bigger...

Alredneck

Banned
I have had to replace the air pack in a deuce before. I was going to use a 5ton air pack I had but was told on here it wouldnt work as they are proportioned different. If it is possible ( anything is ) it would take a lot of work.

jesusgatos

Well, the mounts are obviously different, but that's no big deal. And the air & hydraulic connections have to be different too, if that's what allows the 5-tons to be set-up to tow. But I'm wondering if there's anything about the 5-ton air-pack that would make it not work on a deuce. Is that what you're saying? It won't work for some reason? Or just that it's not a bolt-in?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is nothing to stop you from putting a 5ton airpack on that I could think of. Yes they have different mounts, but the plumbing should be similar. Time to slide under the deuce and see how bad it will be. Let us know how it goes!

edit: if you T into the line going into the back of the deuce airpack, it should be able to work like a 5ton with a glad hand upfront. Search threads by Stretch.

srodocker

i also was talking to brad about this yesterday and he said people have trying running a T from the deuce airpack but it needs a relay valve or something that the 2.5 tons dont have. im also interested to see if the 5 ton airpack fits he had quite a few at the place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks