• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton air release

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Afternoon guys I have recently got a 925 in my hands (thanks to Glen in Salina) and I was working on it today and when I hit the brake pedal I had a big puff of air come out my engine intake stack? I crawled under and traced the air lines and they do in fact run directly into the aircleaner, Why did the Army do this? And would It hurt anything to remove the lines from the aircleaner and just route them onto the ground? I am sure ? the Army had a good reason to do this but I sure cannot think of what it would be, any help would sure be appreciated! Thanks very much
KK

area52

I don't know much about the M923 but here is my 2 cents worth-

They were probably plumbed to the air cleaner so when the air gets sucked in (instead of expelled) no dirt or other stuff gets sucked into the brake master or whatever is plumbed to it.

sandcobra164

Imagine if you had let applied those brakes in a puddle of water. When you let off, what happens. The brake chamber diaphragm returns and draws in whatever is available. If you never plan to take the truck off road or in water, sure let the air chamber's exhaust under the truck. I'd leave it as designed.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much guys it looks like its going to stay the way it is! Thanks for the assist once again!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks