• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton bed question

BMS07

I bought a 5 ton bed today which i think is a ISO bed. The bed is brand new never been mounted. I want to put it on my 925a1. The bed is missing the 4 sides.Does anybody have the sides or troop seats. Or know where i can get them. I will take one or all four. Anything will help. I included a pic to show what the bed looks like. Thanks Brad

Attachments

BMS07

I will have to measure the bed in the morning. But the bed is about 14 feet long. It dont have the little stub peace on the front of the bed like the standard bed. The two sides pieces are the whole side like in the pic i posted. Does anybody have a TM for it. Thanks Brad

BMS07

Hey CDUB Whats the 2 brackets that are welded to the floor for? Does anybody have A TM for the bed? Just like to know how the troop seats bolt on and stuff. Thanks Brad

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The brackets up front are for the spare tire carrier.

The seats actually mount to brackets along the side with ball-lock pins, then have fold down legs underneath to support the outer edge. You can see the mounts in the attached pic, and one adrift pin on the floor.

I also attached a diagram I did when I was trying to see if an MTVR tarp would fit my M813, which it won't. The measurements along the sides are to the center of each stake pocket. My thanks to Wpns 1/23 for letting me measure their truck.

I'll dig for better seat pictures.
Cheers

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, when I attached that bed diagram, it was big enough to see. I'm sure that is entirely someone else's fault and not mine. You believe that, right??? :)

I tried to edit the post, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to take that pic off and replace it, so I blew it up a bit here. Maybe it won't come out mouse sized this time.
Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

Cdub

Just to add what Rory says......

We'll all help out adding as much information as we can think of.

Some points of interests are:

-- All four bed sides are the same and are interchangeable from the front to the back or left to right .

-- There are four troop seats which are held in by ball type pins. That fold up or down and held in the up right position by the back rest. One of the troop seats is shorter then the other three because of the spair tire carrier is mounted in the bed. ( I have two short and two regular lenght seats)

-- There are four back rests which are all the same with only one cross brace supported by four sleaves for the up rightsto slide through.

-- There are nine sets of up rights and bows. Two pair of four for each fold down bed side and one for the forward part of the bed. Nine in total.

-- The up rights and cross bows are the same as the standard five ton beds.

The brackets in welded in the bed are for the spair tire carrier and davit hoist.

Take the time to do a search for ISO here at steel soldiers and you will find alot of information that has been talked about before.

Cheers,

C'dub

Last edited:

BMS07

Now i found out I need a new vinyl Bed cover for the ISO bed. Guess I need that to. Anybody have one of those. Or an m36 cover I will just shorten it. Thanks Brad

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not yet found a fitted type tarp for the ISO bed, and don't think there is one. That bed was specific to Marine trucks, and as far as I know they only used the three piece tarp setup. The fitted tarp for the 14' bed will not fit, believe me I tried.
Initially, from looking at pictures etc, I thought that the MTVR bed was the same size as the 800/900 ISO bed. That's why I measured the bed on the MTVR, but it turned out to be a foot shorter. Oh well, at least I found out before I bought a tarp for one. I have a 20' tarp from an M814, and a 17' tarp off of a ???, I am looking at shortening one of those to fit.

Last edited: