• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton bed question

BMS07

Yes I do. Not sure what the two thick square brackets are for. Does the one behind the cab go into the bed? Or is it different. Brad

Cdub

I think the only mod was done to the height to make it shorter. This way it will clear the cargo cover. There are three brackets that make this possible. The hook bracket stays on the upper sectiion. There two pin brackets, one bolts to the bed for storage and the other bolts to the lower section of the davit that will give the davit it's full height.

Here are some pic after it was taken apart and detailed before re-assembly in the bed. I don't have any pic of it assembled now but I will tomorrow.

Keep in mind that this is intended for a A1 Super Single Combat Wheel type of davit only.

Cheers,

C'dub

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sorry for the wait. My pannel isn't hinged. There are 4 sections that extend below the sheet steel. I think its NSN is 2150-01-198-8762. I will look that up after I post this. Its 93.75 wide overall. 23.5 tall not including the extentions to go in the "stake pockett". If I hang a tape from the first stake, it measures (roughly) 24.25 to the second one, 63 to the third one, and 87.25 to the last one. I can get better pics later, but family health issues give me little time right now. Sorry for the wait.

Attachments

Cdub

Hi Brad,

I've sent 36 pic of the davit, tire carrier, troop seats, seat hold down pins and the siide pannel chains as well as the rear pannel side brace, back rest, up rights and bow corners to your email.

The long seats measure 74 " and the short seats measure 64 "

This should keep you busy over the long week end.

If you have more questions or need more pic, please just let me know.

Cheers,

C'dub