• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton bed trailer

army_nurse

I am trying to find a post where a member took a 5 ton bed and put it on a frame made from 2 m105 trailer frames. I have my frames done to do the same thing however would like to see how they did some things. Yes, I used the search bar and no after over an hour now I have not found it. A little help please & thank you.

Peace and blessing

tobyS

I've been exploring some combinations with the 105 axles, including using them tandem, singles and duals. I wouldn't use the springs as they are, I would build an equalizer for the center. Also, I would put them just a bit further back to keep more load on the pintle. Here is something similar (picture) but I used Dexter axles.

Note your M105 frame is only about 1/8" thick.

I have a thread about using super singles, dish out, on 105 hubs, but to put the tire over the bearings it takes removing the outer flange and mounting the wheels on the flange that the brake is mounted to. Haven't done the machining yet.

And I'm still working to find bolster (or M1061) wheels and tires to use without modifications.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks