• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton bridge truck need wheels

rotaryman

I have a 1970 gasser which carries large air compressors to my drill rig on off road job sites. I am looking for some wheel to go along with the 16.00 Michelin tires I purchased with this truck when I got it so I could super single it. It currently runs 14:00 x 20 duals. How much will the 16 raise me up if any. I am going to have to remove the bed as it is so cool and overbuilt that it raises my compressor too high on the rig to be a legal load on my lowboy. I use this truck to service my Sherman M4A3 Tank Track drill as seen in my avitar. Tanks are so fun. thanks

lnt-1000

bridge truck wheels

As I am looking at your pics I noticed your rims, You said they were custom made? They look a lot like the ones I got from usa 6X6. If so watch out I had one blow apart the other day and no longer trust the rest of them. I am also running a 1977 bridge hauler. The rims were 10" wide with a 6" backspacing they were a good fit 96" wide at the rear axle and 100" wide at the front I beleive I left the spacers in because it looked as though the wheels would rub the front springs or the power steering ram. (1600 X 20) super singles. We use the truck on our farm as a Dump 22' dump body It has a 250 cummins, what a dog once we put the tires on it. Does alright empty but can't get out of its own way with a load. So anyone with any suggestions on replacment rims.

jason@snakeriver

I have a full set of the deep dish rims off of a M-812 bridge truck sitting here in eastern Idaho.
They do have a full set of 14:00 NDT's on them.
You would have to get a good opinion if they would work or not.
I really think you need the proper super single rims off of a 800 or 900 series.
I do have a set on my M-819 wrecker.