• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton bridge truck need wheels

rotaryman

I have a 1970 gasser which carries large air compressors to my drill rig on off road job sites. I am looking for some wheel to go along with the 16.00 Michelin tires I purchased with this truck when I got it so I could super single it. It currently runs 14:00 x 20 duals. How much will the 16 raise me up if any. I am going to have to remove the bed as it is so cool and overbuilt that it raises my compressor too high on the rig to be a legal load on my lowboy. I use this truck to service my Sherman M4A3 Tank Track drill as seen in my avitar. Tanks are so fun. thanks

lnt-1000

bridge truck wheels

As I am looking at your pics I noticed your rims, You said they were custom made? They look a lot like the ones I got from usa 6X6. If so watch out I had one blow apart the other day and no longer trust the rest of them. I am also running a 1977 bridge hauler. The rims were 10" wide with a 6" backspacing they were a good fit 96" wide at the rear axle and 100" wide at the front I beleive I left the spacers in because it looked as though the wheels would rub the front springs or the power steering ram. (1600 X 20) super singles. We use the truck on our farm as a Dump 22' dump body It has a 250 cummins, what a dog once we put the tires on it. Does alright empty but can't get out of its own way with a load. So anyone with any suggestions on replacment rims.

jason@snakeriver

I have a full set of the deep dish rims off of a M-812 bridge truck sitting here in eastern Idaho.
They do have a full set of 14:00 NDT's on them.
You would have to get a good opinion if they would work or not.
I really think you need the proper super single rims off of a 800 or 900 series.
I do have a set on my M-819 wrecker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks