• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton clutch disc in m35a2

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen this on eBay. Not sure if it's true. The seller claims this 5 ton clutch disc can be used for an m35a2. Any truth to this?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hint #1: 5 ton and 2.5 ton clutches have different NSN numbers. The military is efficient that way - same part means usually same NSN number.

Hint # 2: The 5 ton clutch disc has a 15" Inch Overall Diameter, 10 Spline; 1 3/4" Inch Spline Diameter . While the spline diameter seems identical, the 2.5 ton clutch has a diameter of 12.880 " nominal (13 ").

Ask anyone that put an LDS into their Deuce - 5 ton flywheel and clutch assembly have to go, they won't fit. The bell housing takes an adapter to mate to the smaller Spicer transmission. Until last year I was regularly moving the 5 ton flywheel from one corner in the shed to the other until I snapped and scrapped it. I can tell you that it is beefier than the Deuce version!

Does that answer the question "can I make a 5 ton Multifuel (NOT CUMMINS) clutch disc fit with a 2.5 ton pressure plate"?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks