• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton combat rim nuts?

citizensoldier

Re: RE: 5 ton combat rim nuts?

Cdub said:
What happened to the nuts that were on there...?? Did you get the rims with out them....??

Cheers,

Craig
Yes, some of the rims I purchased are missing some or all of the nuts. BUT I will never pay $22 a piece for them! Ever!.. Hmmm.. Will grade 8ers with lock nuts work ?

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: 5 ton combat rim nuts?

the grade 8's I found were not the self locking type but I did use lock washers under them when I needed. I was only missing 1 nut on my set of 6 so I paid the $ to get the right one. also remember that the valve stem assem is also very expensive ~$50. so when your looking at combat wheels look very closely.

Cdub

I did have to replace one of the valve stems myself. I paid around $40 from Memphis......I will conferm that the nuts are self locking.

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

Also......very important.........

A1 10 bolt combat rims have a 5/8" stud

A2 10 bolt combat rims have a 3/4" stud

be careful, the O rings are also different from the A1's to the A2's

cheers,

C'dub

citizensoldier

Cdub said:
Also......very important.........

A1 10 bolt combat rims have a 5/8" stud

A2 10 bolt combat rims have a 3/4" stud

be careful, the O rings are also different from the A1's to the A2's

cheers,

C'dub
Thanks for the heads up Ccub I will be sure and check out what I have for sure and take a count on how many nuts I need. All mine have valve stems so I lucked out with that.

I got mine from tacoma screw locally here in stock all day long - 3/4 - 16 flange nut - black oxide (all metal lock nut / compression lock)cost me ~25$ per wheel... the orings are availiable several places - got my last set from George at White Owl. The 3/4" stud rim take a thin round o-ring - the smaller 5/8" studed rim takes a big fat one and the 20 studded (IIRC) rim takes a triangular shaped sealing ring...

Matt

14.00r20 on a 5 ton rim converted to the 2.5 ton pattern...

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice tire an shop wonderingwilly. i bought some valve stems from the guy in cal. 29.00 each plus shipping. lane post some pics of your new tires n rims