• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton combat rim nuts?

citizensoldier

Re: RE: 5 ton combat rim nuts?

Cdub said:
What happened to the nuts that were on there...?? Did you get the rims with out them....??

Cheers,

Craig
Yes, some of the rims I purchased are missing some or all of the nuts. BUT I will never pay $22 a piece for them! Ever!.. Hmmm.. Will grade 8ers with lock nuts work ?

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: 5 ton combat rim nuts?

the grade 8's I found were not the self locking type but I did use lock washers under them when I needed. I was only missing 1 nut on my set of 6 so I paid the $ to get the right one. also remember that the valve stem assem is also very expensive ~$50. so when your looking at combat wheels look very closely.

Cdub

I did have to replace one of the valve stems myself. I paid around $40 from Memphis......I will conferm that the nuts are self locking.

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

Also......very important.........

A1 10 bolt combat rims have a 5/8" stud

A2 10 bolt combat rims have a 3/4" stud

be careful, the O rings are also different from the A1's to the A2's

cheers,

C'dub

citizensoldier

Cdub said:
Also......very important.........

A1 10 bolt combat rims have a 5/8" stud

A2 10 bolt combat rims have a 3/4" stud

be careful, the O rings are also different from the A1's to the A2's

cheers,

C'dub
Thanks for the heads up Ccub I will be sure and check out what I have for sure and take a count on how many nuts I need. All mine have valve stems so I lucked out with that.

I got mine from tacoma screw locally here in stock all day long - 3/4 - 16 flange nut - black oxide (all metal lock nut / compression lock)cost me ~25$ per wheel... the orings are availiable several places - got my last set from George at White Owl. The 3/4" stud rim take a thin round o-ring - the smaller 5/8" studed rim takes a big fat one and the 20 studded (IIRC) rim takes a triangular shaped sealing ring...

Matt

14.00r20 on a 5 ton rim converted to the 2.5 ton pattern...

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice tire an shop wonderingwilly. i bought some valve stems from the guy in cal. 29.00 each plus shipping. lane post some pics of your new tires n rims

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks