• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton done, needs a name, help.

Chief1900

Its been a long project but I think were done. Posting a few pics of the 5 ton to see if anyone wants to chime in with a good name for it. We are going to put a name on it somewhere and can't settle on a name. If you have one let me know and I'll make sure you get credit for it when its painted on the truck. I caught a bunch of crap painting it this color but anybody can have a red firetruck. We dare to be different and like to stand out above the rest. Wait til you see the pair of green bowling balls we have to hang on the pintle hook.
Thanks for all the help you guys have given me, could not have done it with out you.

Attachments

StreetbikeDepot

That is a GOOD looking truck, alot of the volunteer trucks around here are scabbed together pieces of crap, not to mention they look like garbage when their painted red. Glad to see that you didn't paint it red. I'm really impressed, looks professionaly built, those slim line lights look awesome. GOOD JOB!!!!!

Last edited:

54reo

WOW!

That turned out GREAT! You did good keeping it green.

I'm not too good picking out names though.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sharp Chief! I'm kinda thinking "Bakers' Best".

Also, any thought about a cargo cover to hide the yellow and chrome?

Chief1900

Pretty sharp Chief! I'm kinda thinking "Bakers' Best".

Also, any thought about a cargo cover to hide the yellow and chrome?
Was gonna cover it originally. We needed to use to top for tools though and the little 3 cylinder diesel really cranks out the exhaust when you wind it up.

Armada

AWESOME job! What a super looking truck! you should be proud. From a fires standpoint it's kinda like the Grim Reaper, so call it "The Reaper". I think just with that 6x6 monster pulling up to a fire would put any flame into submission!

KI4GSN

I like super soaker too. For some reason, "The Claw" sticks out, maybe because of the bear. How far are you from High Point/GSO?? I just may have to come check that out one day.