• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton done, needs a name, help.

Chief1900

I like super soaker too. For some reason, "The Claw" sticks out, maybe because of the bear. How far are you from High Point/GSO?? I just may have to come check that out one day.
Were about 10 miles east of Charlotte. Come on down, we would be glad to have ya.

Chief1900

Thanks for all the comments so far. I'm gonna share them with all the members nest week and see if we can pick one name out of the bunch. Seen a couple that I really like, may have to veto everybody and pick the one I like. Its nice being in charge sometimes.....

Some of you commented on the cost of the truck. We have about 65 grand in it. The truck itself was free, I acquired it with the help of our ex-county manager. About 55K of that is just for fire equipment. Not to bad if you have the resources we had to pull from. Free mechanics, fabricators, painters and such. Can't beat volunteers when you need something done.

MilitaryRestoration

whew! thats more moola than I expected, then again our new brush truck was 120,000+ and wont go where that one will... But then it's also a deal considering everything in the 'fire' industry is marked up 30% or better.... :-/ regardless, great looking truck and can't wait till i can build my own tender & brush truck for contract work with dnr

Attachments

Chief1900

whew! thats more moola than I expected, then again our new brush truck was 120,000+ and wont go where that one will... But then it's also a deal considering everything in the 'fire' industry is marked up 30% or better.... :-/ regardless, great looking truck and can't wait till i can build my own tender & brush truck for contract work with dnr
Those pics are exactly what we had planned on purchasing for a brush unit. We decided to save some $$$ and use the 5 ton that was originally going to be used for another project. It also allowed us to move alot more water and will give us a tanker credit for insurance ratings.

FreightTrain

Banned
How about something shot and sweet.

DONK.

After the BIG guy off Crocodile Dundee.Big,Slow,and but packs a hell of a punch.

Or Fire Stalker since this is a brush truck.