• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton done, needs a name, help.

pevrs114

Hmm... didn't even pay attention to your location, I grew up in Monroe. Baker's Crossroads I assume?

I'll definitely need to stop by and see this truck when I come back home to visit the folks.

Chief1900

Hmm... didn't even pay attention to your location, I grew up in Monroe. Baker's Crossroads I assume?

I'll definitely need to stop by and see this truck when I come back home to visit the folks.
Thats us, right at the crossroads. If you have family close I bet we have crossed paths. Make sure you let me know when your in town and we'll give you the grand tour.

Tibby

I remember seeing a large ladder truck once that had the following (or something close to it) on its posterior: The BIG DOG is on the run.

pevrs114

Thats us, right at the crossroads. If you have family close I bet we have crossed paths. Make sure you let me know when your in town and we'll give you the grand tour.

My dad's company owns a lot at Baker's Crossroads, they were looking to build a gas station there. They've got a few more in the area, closest one to your station would probably be at the intersection of Charlotte Ave and Dickerson Blvd, the Citgo station. His office is just away from downtown, on East Franklin St near the American Red Cross office.

I've done quite a bit of volunteer FF'ing up here while I was in college and since, I really can appreciate that good looking brush truck!

I'll definitely drop by next time I'm home, your station is literally 5 minutes or less from my folks house. Doesn't Monroe City FD have a temp station right near there, next to the airport?

Chief1900

My dad's company owns a lot at Baker's Crossroads, they were looking to build a gas station there. They've got a few more in the area, closest one to your station would probably be at the intersection of Charlotte Ave and Dickerson Blvd, the Citgo station. His office is just away from downtown, on East Franklin St near the American Red Cross office.

I've done quite a bit of volunteer FF'ing up here while I was in college and since, I really can appreciate that good looking brush truck!

I'll definitely drop by next time I'm home, your station is literally 5 minutes or less from my folks house. Doesn't Monroe City FD have a temp station right near there, next to the airport?

Yeah they have a temporary station that has been there for about 8 or 9 years......lol

Chief1900

Let me say "Thank You" to all of you for giving us some ideas for a name. Last night we had our montly meeting and voted on all the names. There was some real good ideas but only one truck to name. Guess I need more trucks so I can use 'em. After the vote the winner is in. A special thanks to jd-ford-hd for his idea of "Ash Kicker". Everybody loved it, only problem now is making sure my paint man distinguishes the "s" and "h".
Thanks everybody, be safe.

jd-ford-hd

Glad I could be useful. Your welcome for the name idea. Glad to see a 5 ton with a guaranteed future of usefulness. I hope to get my picture made with "Ash Kicker" and crew, if and when I get over your way.