• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton dump body

Santa

I am looking at a 5 ton 6x6 with a regular 14 foot bed. I need to convert to a dump bed for dirt. has any one done this? Is there a source for hardware for the work? Probable need a dump tailgate also. Any help would be appreciated.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
C&C Equipment in Indiana makes the kit for about $1600 plus an arm and a leg to install it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?89237-M923-Dump-Conversion-with-8-quot-dual-stacks\

The problem with the kits is the weight it can pick up. Most of the ones they sell are 15k max lift. Plus the beds aren't that durable with their design to be used in longevity for a constant dump truck.

You can always go to a big truck junk yard and salvage what you can off older dump trucks or using fleabay.

painter paul

If you can find a 5ton tractor, then a take off dump bed from the Forestry service (taken off to make it into a fire truck), then it's almost a total bolt on operation. I have done it twice and its very easy. You have to take off the 5th wheel and drill a few holes near the rear of the frame to mount the dump bed pivot. All the hydraulics ,pump and controls bolt right on!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will say I love the system on the 817's. Dang bed goes straight up. The other thought was Santa lives in FL. The other thought was to many trucks sitting in a field that need love and to find a loving home some where else.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks