• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton dump trucks

Melvinitis

How much have they been going for? I am trying to get a buddy to join the MV world, and he MIGHT be interested if the price is close to what the duces have been going for on GL.

Any thoughts appreciated.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm guessing he is looking for a price along the lines of the bunch that just sold i Hattiesburg.

Nine of them were under $2,000.

wdbtchr

Prices vary widely, mainly by condition of truck but also in how scarce in any given area. I paid $6300 for mine in Springfield, IL. A lot for me, but not when considered for what I got. I got basically a turnkey vehicle recently out of the IL National Guard, the only defects were no spare tire and the sprag wasn't working in forward. A kit from Memphis Equipment and a lot of free advice from the MV list too care of that.

I had been shopping for around 10 years in all markets in the Midwest. I looked at a lot of guts and feathers(stripped vehicles that you couldn't tell they were dump trucks if the paperwork didn't say so) down at Ft Lost in the Woods. Privately owned vehicles already reworked where way out of my price range. After I made the plunge dump trucks started showing up on GSA for around $2K. Most were fire and forestry turnins but still good deals.

Patience pays.

Attachments