• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton dumper update pics

pa.rich

Still lookin just as ugly but it is functional except for three flat tires that will get worked on this weekend. Dumper works well and no leaks on pistons or anywhere on truck. The truck is great mechanically. Replaced one door and nice to have a good latch that works from outside. Pintle hitch and tailites installed. All fluids changed , well almost all. Brakes working well. I took the seat out to sand and paint the floor. The exterior will get paint next year unless the projects planned for this dumper are done on the property. Lots of dirt to move around. I put the soft top on and btw, I greased the edges so they slid in much better than they came out. Lites need work, horn and low air buzzer doesnt work. Transfer fuel pump missing, thats a mystery. Also I am putting off mounting the tool box/ sparetire rack so I can sand and paint the cab back. Heres the pics. 8)

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
I guess with the multi colors its civilian camo, looks like she's coming along, who care what she looks like as long as it does good work eh!!!

pa.rich

Thanks guys . hoping to use it this weekend if weather is good enough. Will take more pics. Mounting the body and conections was easy. The difficult part was getting a rust frozen part freed up on the tailgate latch. It works great now, a lot of p.b. blaster loosened it up and alot of ole elbow grease. And the bees everywhere,I think I am rid of all of them. Got stung. They dont like any vibration. :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks