• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton electrical problem

amick

Ive got a m54a2 with some wiring issues. When I have the headlights off, the turn signals and brake lights work great. However, when I turn the headlights on, the right turn signals work but the left side (front and back) are solid. I have looked for a bad ground but cant find one and I dont know where else to start. Why would the turn signals work fine with the headlights off but then only the left goes bad with the headlights on? I have gone over the wiring diagram but cant figure out where the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Triple C

I had a similar problem and it turned out there was a wire pinched between the bed and the frame. Guess it took a load to short out. Anyway, cut it off and all the lights except the marker it was going to works. Good luck.

amick

Thanks for the advice. I tested the leads coming out of the flasher unit. The right side works with headlights on or off. The left side only flashes of the headlights are off. Should I buy a new flasher unit or a turn signal switch?

rrrr

Check the hazard position to see if both work. If not I would still lean toward a 3 lever light switch problem.