• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-Ton exhaust pipe cover

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is another thread for Deuce stack covers, but I’ve been searching for a while for a cover for my 5-ton trucks exhaust stack that will fit snug, blow off when starting, and not look as fugly as a paint can or 5-gal oil can. Because of the quick turn at the top, unlike the Deuce, it was hard to find something that fit as snug as the Folger’s can on the Deuce.

Yesterday I started up the new M818, and blew out a bluebird nest (no eggs or babies yet), and decided to get serious in my search. I went through every can in the house and barn and came up with two solutions. The first is the lid from a Maxwell House 11.5oz cardboard coffee can. (With coffee prices going up, the 1-lb can that became 13oz then 11.5oz may soon only contain 8oz.) The lips are real long and the fit is very snug on my two 5-ton stacks.

The other solution is the lid from a Planters 9.75 oz nut can, and although the lips of the lid are rather shallow, it did fit snug. This one would work for the coffee haters!! :lol:

I'm contemplating spray painting the lids to match the trucks and provide sunlight/ozone protection.

Attachments

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool.
Try using a muzzle cover from a 105mm gun. They are OD canvas with a draw string.
I have used one of these for years to cap Squirts pipe. They will blow off if you forget......

A

A/C Cages

LOL I have a DOT3 brake fluid bottle I use to use for the tail pipe on my Sandrail, I started it up and it shot off smacking my wife right in the face.

Now I use the canvas bag method for all my exhaust pipes. lol

DMaddox

'"I'm contemplating spray painting the lids to match the trucks and provide sunlight/ozone protection. "

Do they sell pa1nt the color of old rusty exhaust p1pe?;-)

DMaddox

please exuse my 1's for "eye"s 1 sp1led coffee on my keyboard th1s morn1ng and lost my 1 and backspace buttons that 1s l1ke loos1ng a f1nger for a not so good typer

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NAPA has them for about $10.00. Measure carefully as all are not the same size. My 5 ton is 4 inches, Duece can be slightly smaller. It will save your J-pipe as well as the birds who love to nest there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks