• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton - Fort Polk, La to Quanah, TX

doolest

We just picked up a 5 ton M923 cargo truck in Fort Polk, LA last week and are looking for a good reasonably priced shipper to take it to Quanah, TX.

We have a quote coming monday from the shippers listed on GL.

doolest

Well we finally got our M923 delivered Friday morning. First scheduled trucking company failed to schedule a driver and truck to pick it up Wednesday :-x. Spent all the rest of Wednesday and a few hours Thursday to find a new company to pick it up aua frustrating that i thought this was set up a week in advanced and they dropped the ball at the 11th hour...I can tell you a freight company not to use :-x. But all ends well...my 2nd choice for shipper Landstar was able to get a driver scheduled Thursday morning to be at the GL site for pickup at noon :D.

GL gave me the wrong address when I had made the original pick up appt so he ended up at the wrong place....appears I was right when I said my invoice says Ft Polk, not Pineville and everything I have picked up before has been where the invoice said it was....but I digress...truck was loaded and headed north west by 3PM...talked to driver and he said it cranked right up on the 1st try.

We met him at the grocery store in town (population less than 2K)...he wanted to keep trying to describe what his truck looked like when ever we talked so that we could identify him...I assured him that we would know it was him by the green cargo he was carrying :D:D:D...he got a big laugh out of my comment...rolled out of "town" with it and had it unloaded within 45 minutes....cranked right up again :D....we spent the next 4.5 hours driving it around :driver:....pure greatness :not worthy:...then we had to head back to Fort Worth for plans....sure wish the 1st company had picked it up timely so that we could have had an extra day to play. We will make up for it on our next trip out to the ranch in January.

Some pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

goldneagle

Nice truck! Just got mine from Ft. Polk a week ago. You were lucky you got yours from Polk instead of Pineville. Pineville has the worst security for the GL trucks (out of all the locations i have been to!) Notorious for parts being stolen from the trucks while waiting for pickup. Ft. Polk has some of the best security I have seen. You are never left alone to rummage through other people's lots! Ft. Polk has awesome staff.

Don't forget to apply for the SF-97 form. The earlier you apply the sooner you will get it. The holidays will slow the process a lot -so get it in asap.

doolest

Thanks goldneagle...we have been trying to get one of these trucks for 6 months...price was right...i think you are right about those 2 locations...know a gut that bought a 2.5 ton trailer at pineville and when to pick it up to find that what the GL photo showed wasn't exactly what he was getting...someone helped themselves to the cover and a couple of the bows. Submitting the SF-97 paperwork tomorrow morning

Scarecrow1

Nice truck , man you are lucky to have that much room to play in . I have to go out of town 5 or 10 miles to even find a dirt road!!!!! Have fun......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks