• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Front inner axle seal

ASTFU

I am looking for the part # and info on how to remove this seal I jut picked up a ft and rear 5 ton axle and the seal is bad everything else looks new. thanks Thom

Attachments

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the process of trying to replace this seal also. I was able to get it out with a slide hammer, but can't get the new one in. There is a huge lip (about 1/8 inch) that the old one had to get over coming out. Doesn't seem right. Worried about messing up the new one.

I am in the process of trying to replace this seal also. I was able to get it out with a slide hammer, but can't get the new one in. There is a huge lip (about 1/8 inch) that the old one had to get over coming out. Doesn't seem right. Worried about messing up the new one.
you need to remove the whole seal retainer and then change the seal and then install the brash thrust washer back into the retainer after the seal then put the whole retainer back in. I like to use a little silicone on permatex sealant on the od of the retainer when I put it back in to be sure it seals in the housing.